You can find this information, about “Core CLIL features” in the next book:
Mehisto, P., Marsh, D. & Frigols, M.J. (2008). Uncovering CLIL. Oxford: Macmillan
CORE CLIL FEATURES
- Supporting content and language learning.
- Integrating several subjetcs, also through cross-
curricular themes and projects.
- Supporting reflection on the learning process.
Safe and enriching learning environment
- Using routine activities and discourse.
- Building ss confidence to experiment with language and content.
- Increasing ss language awareness.
- Letting ss ask for the language help they need.
- Maximising the accomodation of ss interests.
- Using current materials from the media and other sources.
- Ss communicating more than the teacher.
- Ss evaluate progress in achieving learning outcomes.
- Favouring peer co-operative work.
- Building on ss’existing knowledge, skills, attitude and experience repacking information in user-friendly ways.
- Repackaging information in user-friendly ways.
- Responding to different learning styles.
- Fostering creative and critical thinking.
- Challenging students to take another step forward and not just coast in comfort.